With classes starting up and our schedules getting tighter by the minute, eating a wholesome meal that you can cook yourself doesn’t have to fall by the wayside. This recipe is easy, delicious, and is also likely to please the man in your life too if you’re having a fall date night!
Original recipe can be found here.
What you need
- 1 cup of honey
- 2.5 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons of ketchup
- 4 tablespoons of diced onion
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons of cornstarch dissolved in 6 tablespoons of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Sesame seeds
- Thaw the chicken, and then season both sides with salt and pepper
- Put the chicken into the crock pot
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic as well as pepper flakes
- Pour over the chicken
- Cook on low heat for 3 or 4 hours, or cook on high for 1.5-2.5 hours, or when your chicken is cook all the way through
- Remove the chicken from the pot, but leave the sauce
- Dissolve 4 teaspoon of cornstarch in 6 tablespoons of water, then pour into the crock pot
- Stir until the ingredients are mixed evenly with the sauce
- Put the lid back on the crock pot and cook the sauce on high for another 10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces, and then return to the crock pot to toss with sauce before serving
- Sprinkle the chicken with sesame seeds, serve over either rice, noodles, or veggies
And voila, you’re ready to eat!
What do you think?
Have you tried this recipe? What do you think? What is your favorite dish to cook when you’re in a hurry and want something delicious and filling? Let us know in the comments section below!
You might also like
How To… Cook Easy, Cheesy Honey Mustard Chicken|
This is one of those meals that is great to cook up for your man, for yourself, or...
How To… Make Broccoli Cheese Soup In A Crock Pot|
I have a theory that crock pots are something that every college girl out there should know about....
How To… Make Crock Pot Apple Butter|
If you’re starting to get sick of pumpkin flavor – or you just want to mix up your...
How To… Make A Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken, In 30 Minutes|
So you’re browsing recipes to make for yourself or for your loved one, and they all look great,...
How to…Cook: Mini Pot Pies|
This is the second post in my series on how to cook. The first post covered my favourite...