Popsicles and margaritas are great on their own. But together? It’s cinco de mayo magic. Taking a great festive drink just one step further.
What you need (service size is 12 popsicles)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup of squeezed lime juice (takes about 9 or 10 limes)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of silver tequila
- 1/4 cup of orange liqueur
- 12 3 ounce paper cups (the number of cups equals the number of popsicles)
- 12 woods popsicle sticks, or small spoons
- Dissolve the sugar into hot water in a small pan until the water is clear, then set it to cool
- Pour the sugar water into a pitcher with the tequila, orange liqueur, and the squeezed lime juice
- Then pour 5 tablespoons (or 2 1/2 ounces) of the mix into each cup
- Place the cups into the freezer
- Check on the popsicles after two hours. Once they are frozen enough to support the sticks or spoons, insert one into each popsicle about 3/4 of the way into each one
- Let freeze overnight, or for at least a few more hours
- When you’re ready to serve them, peel the paper cup away starting at the seam, and then remove the bottom
Make sure to eat immediately, they melt fast due to the alcohol!
What do you think?
Have you tried this recipe? What are your favorite festive cinco de mayo drinks? Let us know in the comments section below!
You might also like
How To… Make The Best Margarita For Cinco De Mayo|
Get cinco de mayo ready with a great cinco de mayo recipe – whether you’re celebrating with friends,...
How To… Make Blueberry Cheesecake Popsicles|
Even though it is getting colder it’s never too late to enjoy a frozen treat! Channel those summer...
How To…Make the Perfect Margarita|
Margaritas just scream summertime: long days, hot nights, and the sweet-sour tang of lime juice. Sure, you can...
How To…Make the Perfect Cosmopolitan|
Mmm, cosmos. Makes you think of your girls, Sex and the City, and, well, Cosmo magazine! This little treat is...
How To.. Make The Perfect Fall Drink, Apple Sangria|
In lieu of all of the back to school posts circulating across the web, we propose something a...