Subscribe to Every College GirlThings Every College Girl Should Know Directly to Your Inbox
Hey girls! Since we’re heading into the weekend (and starting to ease into the season of spring breaks at colleges) I thought it’d be fun to do a quick tutorial on a fun nail trend: cheetah print! Now, I personally don’t tend to wear nail polish on a daily basis, however this is such a fun look for a party or a night out. The best part is, it looks way harder to achieve than it is! Spend a few minutes this afternoon and you’ll be ready to prowl tonight.
♥ Black nail polish
♥ Bronze or brown nail polish
♥ Clear top coat polish
♥ A thin paintbrush (from a craft store/dollar store/WalMart), dotting tool (from a beauty supply store), or toothpick
♥ A piece of scrap paper
1. Start by applying two coats of the gold polish to your nails as a base, and allow to dry.
2. While the gold is drying, you can practice your cheetah spots on the scrap paper. Pour a little of the black and bronze polishes onto the paper and dip your brush or toothpick in. Start with the bronze, make a small dot. Then, take the black and add a semi-circle to the edge of the bronze dot.
3. You may have to use two brushes/toothpicks, or else clean off the brush in between colours with warm water and a paper towel.
4. Once the gold polish is dry, add your spots using the directions in step 2.
5. Once the spots are dry, finish with a clear top coat to make the design last all night.
There you go! Cheetah-liscious nails that look like they took hours, but only took a few minutes. For fun, try mixing up the colours: Instead of a gold-bronze-black combo, try metallic pink-white-purple or silver-white-black, whatever you like! Have a happy weekend and enjoy your ferocious new nails…something every college girl should know.