Hey girls! Since we’re heading into the weekend (and starting to ease into the season of spring breaks at colleges) I thought it’d be fun to do a quick tutorial on a fun nail trend: cheetah print! Now, I personally don’t tend to wear nail polish on a daily basis, however this is such a fun look for a party or a night out. The best part is, it looks way harder to achieve than it is! Spend a few minutes this afternoon and you’ll be ready to prowl tonight.
♥ Black nail polish
♥ Bronze or brown nail polish
♥ Clear top coat polish
♥ A thin paintbrush (from a craft store/dollar store/WalMart), dotting tool (from a beauty supply store), or toothpick
♥ A piece of scrap paper
1. Start by applying two coats of the gold polish to your nails as a base, and allow to dry.
2. While the gold is drying, you can practice your cheetah spots on the scrap paper. Pour a little of the black and bronze polishes onto the paper and dip your brush or toothpick in. Start with the bronze, make a small dot. Then, take the black and add a semi-circle to the edge of the bronze dot.
3. You may have to use two brushes/toothpicks, or else clean off the brush in between colours with warm water and a paper towel.
4. Once the gold polish is dry, add your spots using the directions in step 2.
5. Once the spots are dry, finish with a clear top coat to make the design last all night.
There you go! Cheetah-liscious nails that look like they took hours, but only took a few minutes. For fun, try mixing up the colours: Instead of a gold-bronze-black combo, try metallic pink-white-purple or silver-white-black, whatever you like! Have a happy weekend and enjoy your ferocious new nails…something every college girl should know.