Yes you read that right: grilled cheese croutons. Half of a grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of this soup is only 350 calories, so no need to start telling yourself you don’t deserve it. The perfect way to warm up and eat something delicious this fall!
What you need
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 2 (14 oz) cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) of whole tomatoes
- 2 cups of vegetable stock (or chicken, your choice)
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tso of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of ground pepper
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- parmesan cheese, to garnish
- 3 tbs of fresh basil
- Grilled cheese ingredients: butter, 2 slices of bread, choice of cheese
- In a medium-sized saucepan, saute the garlic in olive oil for 1 minute on medium heat
- Add the crush tomatoes
- Add the whole tomatoes, including the juice, break them up in the pan
- Add the stock, salt, pepper and sugar
- Cook the soup on medium heat at a simmer for about 10 minutes
- Reduce heat to low and make your grilled cheese: butter the surface of the pan, butter the surface of the bread on the slice that faces up. Place one slice on the pan, cover with cheese, cover with the remaining slice with the butter side up. Cook for a few minutes and flip. Cook until cheese is completely melted.
- Serve your soup with parmesan on top, slice the grilled cheese in half, and cut a single half into 4 or 5 small squares as croutons
What do you think?
What do you think of this recipe? Share with us in the comments section below!