I learned this recipe from my mom. It was always one of her go-to recipes for a party or gathering. The recipe couldn’t be simpler either! It doesn’t require any real cooking, but you will have to give the cake some time in the refrigerator. You need to leave it in long enough for the graham crackers to get soggy, and then the cake is ready to go. So enjoy!
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Greased 9×13 pan, or similar pan
Electric mixer (or a whisk)
- Mixing bowl
- Knife for spreading frosting
2 packages of instant french vanilla pudding mix
3 cups milk
1 tub whipped topping
1 package of graham crackers
1 package of chocolate frosting, at room temperature
1. Start by mixing the 2 packages of instant pudding and the 3 cups milk in a bowl.
2. Once the pudding and milk has been combined, add the tub of whipped topping. Beat the mixture with an electric mix (or whisk) for 2 minutes. Set aside.
3. Create a single layer of graham crackers in the bottom of the 9×13 pan.
4. Scoop halp of the pudding mixture onto the graham crackers and distribute evenly.
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4.
6. Put a final layer of graham crackers on top of the last of the pudding mixture. Try to make this layer as neat as possible because it is the top of the cake.
7. Take out the chocolate frosting and frost the top of the cake. This is not easy, so don’t be discouraged if it takes you a while to frost the whole cake.
8. Cover and set the cake in the refrigerator. Leave in refrigerator overnight if possible.
9. Take out and serve!
What Do You Think?
What sorts of treats do you like to bring to gatherings? Leave us a comment and let us know!
You might also like
Boy-Approved Recipes: Blueberry Cheesecake With A Chocolate Crust|
In this second installation of “boy-approved” recipes, I tried my shot at baking… and not just any recipe,...
How To… Make Chocolate Chocolate Cupcakes|
Chocolate is something that every college girl needs to have around. It is something that is a must...
How To… Make Chocolate And Peanut Butter Bars, No Baking Necessary|
As college girls, we appreciate that sometimes you just need dessert. Something sweet, anything to take the edge...
How To… Make “Skinny” Funfetti Cupcakes|
While I’m not a fan of the emphasized “skinny” aspect of the recipe, I am a proponent of...
How To…Cook:60-Second Hot Fudge/Chocolate Frosting|
Ever wanted hot fudge on ice cream but didn’t have time to run to the store? Or wanted...