While I’m not a fan of the emphasized “skinny” aspect of the recipe, I am a proponent of offering a light version of a beloved classic – and that classic is Funfetti. We all know that Funfetti is great for every occasion, and as soon as you delight your friends, that special someone, or anyone else with anything Funfetti you’re officially That Girl. We all know her: she bakes, she’s classic, and she gives the people what they want.
What makes this recipe the light version? It yields 24 cupcakes at 110 calories each (frosting included), adding up to about 2 Weight Watchers points.
What you need
- 1 package of Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix (just use the powdered mix included, don’t worry about what the recipe on the box calls for)
- 1 can (or 12 ounces) of Spring Zero
- Frosting: 1 container (or 8 ounces) of Fat Free Cool Whip and 1 package (or 1.5 ounces) of Far Free Vanilla Jello Instant Pudding (yet again, just the powder)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl combine and mix the cake mix and Sprite until smooth, beating out any lumps
- Line your cupcake tin with paper liners, and fill each one about 1/4 full with batter
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
- While your cupcakes are baking, make your frosting: in a medium-sized mixing bowl combine Cool Whip and pudding and whisk until smooth
- When your cupcakes are done, take them out and let them cool before frosting
Then you’re done! And well on your way to earning your That Girl (who made the Funfetti) title.
What do you think?
Have you tried this recipe? What is your favorite “light” recipe? Share with us in the comments section below!