You can’t escape the Olympics right now even if you wanted to, and the same goes for the workout and fitness frenzy surrounding the games and our favorite athletes. The games are great for workout motivation, and in the honor of the first day of the events, here are 20 reasons to get to the gym and unleash your inner Olympian!
- I think goals should never be easy, they should force you to work, even if they are uncomfortable at the time. -Michael Phelps
- I am a big believer in visualization. I run through my races mentally so that I feel even more prepared. -Allyson Felix
- I am building a fire, and everyday I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match. -Mia Hamm
- Clear your mind of can’t. -Samuel Johnson
- I want to find that defining moment that you’re satisfied and you’ve done what you want to do in your life. -Tyson Gay
- Don’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the further you get. -Michael Phelps
- When anyone tells me I can’t do anything, I’m just not listening any more. -Florence Griffin Joyner
- It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not. -Anonymous
- I can’t remember the last day I didn’t train. -Michael Phelps
- I always believe I can beat the best, achieve the best. I always see myself in the top. -Serena Williams
- The first thing is to love your sport. Never do it to please someone else. It has to be yours. -Peggy Flemming
- I’ve worked too hard and too long to let anything stand in the way of my goals. I will not let my teammates down and I will not let myself down. -Mia Hamm
- The Olympics remain the most compelling search for excellence that exists in sport, and maybe in life itself. -Dawn Fraser
- I didn’t set out to beat the world; I just set out to do my absolute best. -Al Oeter
- The things you learn from sports—setting goals, being part of a team, confidence—that’s invaluable. It’s not about trophies and ribbons. It’s about being on time for practice, accepting challenges and being fearful of the elements. -Summer Sanders
- I love what I do and I love being an athlete, but I also love all the things that have come with it. I want to be better at the things I do. I’m never standing still and that makes my life pretty exciting. -Maria Sharapova
- The only workout you’ll regret is the one you didn’t do. -Anonymous
- When quitting is no longer an option, you’re half way there. -Anonymous
- When your legs are tired, run with your heart. -Anonymous
- Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live. -Jim Rohn
What do you think?
Which quote is your favorite? What are your other favorite quotes to add to our list? Let us know in the comments section below!