Circuit training is one of those terms that can sound ultra masculine and scary, but in reality is a great workout for girls and guys alike that works to tone and strengthen your entire body. It combines cardio and strength to give you a great well-rounded workout, especially if you are on a time crunch or don’t have time to devote to either one specifically. Not to mention, circuit training can make you long and lean!
Make sure to stretch and stay hydrated before you dive into this exercise.
- 50 jumping jacks
- 30 seconds of high knees
- 20 seconds of jump rope
- 10 push-ups (optional: on an incline)
- 10 tricep dips
- 5 dumbbell curls on each side
- 15 squats
- 10 side lunches on each side
- 20 calf raises
- 30 “bird-dogs”
- 20 seconds of holding a superman, laying flat on your stomach holding your arms out in front of you and your legs up off of the ground
- 5 push-ups on your knees
Core and abs series
- 50 sit ups
- 40 russian twists, on each side
- hold a plank for 30 seconds
- hold a plank for 1 minute
Make sure to cool off with lots of water and stretching! Some light yoga is also a great option.
What do you think?
Have you tried this workout? Do you like circuit training? What are your favorite workout moves? Let us know by leaving us a comment in the comments section below!